RSS

Friday, February 13, 2009

Handspun Yarn now for sale on Etsy!

I have finally put the small offering of handspun yarn on my Etsy shop. I will post the link to the shop and my main web site at the bottom of this post.
Right now I am working on the British Top fleece in Medium dark green with 35% tussah silk, colors of blue, purple, pink and green this is a luxury blend. Medium handle, nice luster but still suited for sweaters, hats, scarves and so on. I am in the process of spinning the first ply, to what will be a Two ply fine yarn.
British Top in Medium dark Blue with 35% tussah silk, colors of blue, purple, pink and green, this is a luxury blend. Medium soft, nice luster, suited for sweaters, hats, gloves, socks and what ever your hearts desire! This is more of a medium bulky yarn.

Blue Faced Leicester, Ercu in color, two ply all ready rolled in a ball for easy use. It is known for its fairly fine, very soft and dense, demi-luster wool. Great for use as sweaters, scarfs, hats lap throw and so on. Can see the thickness of the yarn via the penny. This Ball is more of a Fine or Sport weight yarn.

Very rare and nearly impossible to find, Gotland fleece from the first shearing.I wasn't planning on selling any of this hard to find wool but I decided to offer a small amount.This is all I have left as I have not found another source for this fleece.Same fleece used to make clothing for the movie, "Lord of the Rings". Super soft, nice luster, suited for sweaters, hats, gloves, socks, baby clothes and what ever your heart desires!

For information on my yarn, please go to my main web site at..
http://www.inkandbrushcreations.com/Handspun_Yarn.html
Etsy~
Each Skein or Ball of yarn varies slightly in its thickness, this is due to the unique nature of Hanspun Yarn.
All the yarn is spun on my Majacraft Saxonie spinning wheel in smoke free home.

0 comments: