RSS

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mia Christmas painting 9

Have been spending about 4 hours a day the last few days working on this painting. I break it up in blocks of 1 to 1 1/2 hours at one sitting.
Above is a close up of Mia's face. I have been working with both ink and color, adding more detail.

Started in her bow and doing a lot more ink work in her coat. Adding a bit of watercolor wash where needed.
Tip: Make sure you put fresh water in your container each time you sit down to do another session with your painting. That way you do not end up with a color you do not want.

2 comments:

swhiteart said...

Your work is breathtakingly fantastic! I got here through the wetcanvas boards. Wonderful! I can't wait to see it completed. >^..^<

Anonymous said...

So Beautiful, that looks like a great photo, not an artists rendering.
I have been a "Wantabee" artist all my life. I do have a couple of reasonably good "renderings", But at 83 years old, will probably never get anywhere as good as what I see of your work.
As Lawrence Welk would say "wonerful, WONERFUL!!!
Hugh.