RSS

Friday, November 21, 2008

Portrait of a Kitten

This is the photo I am going to paint.
Have so many things I want to paint but another cat portrait won out. Here is a sleepy Mia. I worked on penciling her in, did a bit of ink work but thought I had better Mask her whiskers before I went any farther. Is hard letting the masking dry before I start on the painting again but I will this morning.


The lighting wasn't good for taking pictures but I tried any way. Just started the first part of the background color, is a combo of ink and watercolor and the paper was wetted first and the colors allowed to blend on their own. I will need at least two more layers of color before I have the depth the way I want.

Where I create and the wonderful view of the Hay field and Woodlands beyond.

0 comments: