When my DS was very small I used to make cartoons for him. I have thought for years to make him a book but I never had time. Today, the first time in many years I have created one of my cartoons. This is "Herald" a very fat Blue Russian/Persian Cat cross, that is addicted to cat nip in a bad way. LOL
I will be offering "Herald" at my online shops. You can email me for special orders to have the book lettering personalized to what ever name or sayings you would like. These special orders will take 6 to 8 weeks so order early.
The Blue Blanket is finally starting to take shape and looking more the way I would like it to be. However, it still needs about 5 more layers of color to arrive at the final results.
Decided to wait on working with the Tabby cat itself, for now and work on the background instead.
I have just started to put the first layer of color on the Sofa. Would like to apply two layers of color on the Sofa before I start working on the Pen and Ink Cat again. This helps me keep the perspective on how I need the Cat to look.
A slightly blurry close up of the end of the Sofa.
Have been playing with photoshop again and melding. Am thinking Icelandic and Main coon would look good in a winter scene too. Maybe as a holiday card. But for now.. happy Icelandic and Cat during the Autumn, part of the FairyTale series.
Closeup of one area.
I took this photograph the other day, I like it but it came out ah.. well different. So I went ahead and played with it a bit to make it look more like a painting. What do you all think?
Today I was going to go for a ride on my Icelandic Mare Dyfra, on my small farm in NW Oregon. However, Nari the fixed Maincoon that we brought home from the local shelter over a year ago had different ideas. And I just had to take photos. Nari thought nothing was warmer than soft Icelandic horse fur under her paws, so she made herself at home. You can see how content she is laying on my Icelandic mare's back. There will be two photos in this set.
I enjoyed the woodland we have here on the farm during my ride, I had DH come out with me so I could take some photos.
Now more problems with the Evolt 510 sadly. Still stuck on Auto, manual no longer works and Olympus knows the issues. Has been in their shop once already. Sigh ~~ Anyway.. trying to take photos that this camera can still handle.
Maybe some day I will be able to afford a real camera like a Nikon D300.
After I put the second layer of ink on the Cat's stripes, I decided to work on the wall and blanket
colors. I have 3 layers of color on the wall and 4 layers of color on the blanket. Will need another 4 layers of color on the blanket to get it to look like I want. Right now the blanket rather over whelms the whole painting but that in time will change as I continue to work.
I am making a small collection of mini Julian Fractals. This one I have renamed,"Dreamcatacher" because a few wonderful people thought it looks like one. It is best seen large. And was created with AP2.09 using my mathematicalalgorithms.
Using my own mathematical algorithms with AP2.09 I come up with this fanciful work of Art. My DH thinks it looks a lot like a Peacock, I see Holiday time Ribbon candy and you know, I think we are both right. ;O) That is the wonderful thing about abstract art..... what do you see?
Adding a few numbers and adjustments to my mini Julian, this is what I came up with. Kind'a star like, with deep jeweled tones. I used AP2.09 using my own mathematical algorithms and photoshop with this creation. Best seen in a larger size.
These are mini Grand Julians, not as fancy as many do but good for what I can create, for now. Rather suprised they came out at all this time. You can see how different the same creation can be with a bit different shading and background color.
The dates I put on my pieces are my end date, when the creation is finished.
Sometimes I don't like how it is turning out but I will save it for another day, which often adds clarity.
And some of the pieces I do, I will work on for months before I deem it ready.
Finally have all the major stripes inked on with the first layer of Ink. So now you can see more of the body of the Cat. I decided to reduced her rather poofy belly fur just a bit.
I have started with the second layer of ink on the Tabby's front leg and part of her shoulder. Will do this to her whole body and once that is done I can move on the third layer and start adding the ink in between the dark stripes.
I have been trying for months to do a Grand Julian... no luck so far but I did come up with this. Reminds of the coins Belly Dancers wear. This was created with AP2.09 with a bit of gimp using my mathematicalalgorithms.
I captured this photo with my evolt 510 camera, of the rain we had a couple of weeks ago. You can see the last rays of the setting Sun bouncing off the rain as it was falling from the twisting and turning clouds. Photo was taken on my NW Oregon Farm.
You may of noticed that I tend to like circles and have a fetish for fibers. I have done Fractal abstracts that look like silk, sheer fabrics, silk screen and now... a twist of bright colored yarn. Created with AP 2.09 with my mathematical algorithms.
Again I wanted to work with a circle and did my best to add little waves within the rings of the circles. While I like the detail I did with this one, I was unable to get the color the way I want. Here are two variations and I would really like to hear from you all, which one you like best. I used AP2.09 using my own MathematicalAlgorithms.
Adding more stripes to Mia's front leg and shoulder. In a couple of areas I have added the second layer of ink. Once I get her body inked in, at least with the first layer, I will start adding some color washes.
Here is a close up of what I have done so far. Lots more filling out and adding of stripes to do.