Since I now had her horn placed on her forehead, it was time to start the back ground. This is the first under layer of color but I had a problem. Using Derwent watercolor pencils makes it nigh on impossible to do large areas of color well.
Rarely do I put watercolor pencil to paper but in the case I would have too. So I used the side of the pencil and slowly did circular motions with various colors onto the hot press paper.
Then I very carefully... with a couple of small brushes, added the smallest amount water to the pigment. Using a circular motion again so I can create the Monet type background I was looking for.