RSS

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What Dreams are Made of~~


Have finally decided which Icelandic Horse photo I will use in my next painting. Want to tell you all, it wasn't an easy choice.
Want to Thank Andrea Barber, for her use of her photo of Vikingur and Nokkvi. They pulled at my heart strings...
Now I hope I can do well enough, to do them Justice.



I am in the process of both blocking in and adding color two these two beautiful Icelandic's. As you can see, my paintings go through an ugly duckling phase.
Also decided to use more of a fir tree back ground... missing Oregon a bit. ;O)



Is nice to have the proper linseed oil for blending and a white that isn't old and chunky. Having fresh paint, makes a big difference.






Even at this point, I can see I am going to have to either.... lighten the bay horse a lot, or lighten the background. Will think about it tonight, to figure out which way I think I need to go. Because the oil paint is so fresh, it is impossible to take a photo, without large amounts of glare.

0 comments: