RSS

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mia~ A WIP painting

This is my next painting...ya.. I know..another Cat. Will be done in Pen & Ink with a Watercolor pencil wash.

She will be a Christmas kitten, with red ribbon bow around her neck and packages around her.

Here you can see my pencil drawing and the photo. Usually takes 2 to 3 weeks to do the basic pencil sketch.

I just started using tracing paper to place over the basic drawing, so I can pencil in some gift boxes on top. That way I can get the scale correct. If I mess up, then it is no big deal.
Just starting the Pen and Ink.
More Pen...and decided to put a little bit of color on her nose, so it is easier to see.
I stopped here, because I plan to use fisk for her wiskers...that way I don't have to worry about putting color on them. Fisk..however can be tricky, so I want to get as much Pen & Ink done as I can in other areas, before I do around her wiskers and the fisk.

0 comments: